Monday, June 4, 2012

Yay Madison

Madison has been playing alot of softball. She really enjoys being on the field and being with her team. Her whole team is really good. They started off really good this year and won the first couple of tournaments and than had a really bad weekend. They took a couple weeks off and this last weekend they played in a friendly tournament on saturday. Madison is a tiny little thing but she has some power. When we play catch she hurts my hand. She mostly plays outfield and she can throw the ball to the infield. At batting practice she does really well but in games she gets nervous and strikes out way to much. I try and give her the confidence but I learned along time ago, I can tell her all day she is wonderful but she needs to believe it herself or it won't matter. Saturdays games started off with a lot of errors and strike outs but as the day went on her team got their groove back. Madison is a great bunter and she is so fast she can usually get the first base. In one of the games she had the hit sign and she had the perfect pitch. She ripped one to center field passed the fielder and it rolled not quite to the fence but not to far from it. I think Madison was a little stunned at first, she was jogging to first base until she realized where the ball went and she picked up her speed and ran all the way back to home. It was her first home run and it won't be her last. She had such a big grin on her face. Her team came out of the dugout to give her high fives and I went and high fived her and hugged her. I said see Madi I told you you could do that. She yup. She was happy the rest of the day. In a later game she had an awesome running catch to end the inning. She is so fast and not to many balls fall out of her mitt. I am so glad she is doing something she loves. Good job Madison.

No comments: