Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week in Review

Not a whole lot going on in our world. Kennedee is going to Phoenix in 2 weeks for a soccer tournament so she is practicing soccer almost every day. She plays indoor in 2 leagues. Her team is so awesome that they play up 2 years in the girls division and against the boys. They are more challenging but Kennedee's team is winning and Kennedee is playing awesome, she has struggled for the last little while but playing indoor has been good for her. She is so excited to go to Phoenix without parents, the rooms were so expensive we decided to let her fly with most of her team and split the room with them. It will be a great experience for her.
I wish I had some pictures to post of Kennedee. She has struggled with acne for years now and we have tried everything. It will work at first and then her skin becomes immuned to it and breaks out worse. We have been taking her to a lady in Kaysville (Cyrstal's Skin Care) and she has been doing treatments on Kennedee's face. It is pure torture, by the end she is in tears but after 4 treatments her face is clearing up so good. It is not cheap but Kennedee's self esteem is really good. She said a couple of boys at school told her she is really pretty without acne. I told her maybe I want it back so the boys won't notice her. :) I am very happy for her, it has been a long time coming.
Kennedee and I got into our first teenager fight the other night. Kennedee is so easy going and never raises her voice, so when she yelled at me I laughed. The more mad at me she was the more I laughed. Madi said "see mom, that is why I didn't want her to turn 13". I just laughed. After a bit of the silent treatment Madison said " so mom am I your favorite now"? I told Kennedee the next morning that was our first teenager fight. She just laughed and was back to her normal self. I have told her if she turns into a wild teenager I am shipping her off to live with Grandpa Perk. She has said that is a good threat because he scares her worse than I do. :)
As far as Madison goes, she has been working on a report on Jackie O for a wax museum at school. She takes school very serious and it was a big project. She had to dress up as her and sit still for a whole hour (Madison's words). I actually learned a lot to and it was fun doing it with Madi. She plays her DS all the time and I have a hard time getting her to put it down. Madi went to the eye doctor for her checkup and it seems her bad eye is worse than the last time, so instead of wearing a patch again we have to put eye drops in her good eye so her bad eye will work harder. The good news is, Madi is so good about wearing her glasses she may only have to wear them a few more years, if we can get the bad eye to work harder now. She is happy about that. She always makes sure she has her glasses on, I guess she loves being able to see out of both eyes.
For me? I am working a lot. My company is so busy right now and the economy sucks so bad, I am taking the opportunity to work as much OT as possible to be able to save, just in case things tank. It is scary but we are doing great.
Life at the Tracy's is crazy as usual but we are all doing very well. Life is good with just the 3 of us.

No comments: