
Freshman Kennedee Tracy guides the ball past Mountain View's Kylee Nelson in Tuesday's 1-0 Maple Mountain victory
The following is the article from the newspaper:
The Maple Mountain girls soccer team scored early, then held off every charge Mountain View could muster to get the 1-0 win Tuesday in the season opener for both teams.
Junior Baylee Nielsen was the final recipient of a nice passing sequence by the Golden Eagles midway through the first half, the last one coming from freshman Kennedee Tracy.
Nielsen was able to get enough power on her shot to get it past the Bruin keeper and into the back of the net for the only score of the contest.
Mountain View controlled the possession for much of the second half but couldn't find a way to get the equalizer before time ran out.
Maple Mountain (1-0) will try to keep rolling when it plays at Bear River while the Bruins (0-1) go for their first win of the year at American Fork today at 4 p.m.
Kennedee played so good. She started Varsity and she played most of the game only going out to get a drink and than right back in the game. She had some great moves and we can tell it is going to be a fun season. I sat on the sidelines thinking wow she will be hungry after this game but she has to stay and watch the JV game so I was thinking about what I could go get her to tide her over until she got home.
But nope. This is how the game ended:
With about 30 seconds left of the game I was watching the ball and someone said Ref stop the game, I look back and Kennedee is laying on the ground. No one around me saw what happened and said she looked like she was out of breath. The coach ran over to her and for a good 5 minutes they just stood over her. I wasn't sure if I should run out or not, but this is high school. Does she need her mommy to run out on the field. Next time I will go out. Finally Scott B ran out to see what was wrong and he finally carried Kennedee to the side lines and I could hear her having a hard time breathing. So I sat on the bench with her and tried to get her to focus on me and calm her breathing down. It sounded just like the last asthma attack she had a few months ago. But I thought we can calm her down and it will be ok. The trainer from the other team stood next to me on the phone and I just ignored her and tried to walk Kennedee away from the team so she could calm down. As we walked away I see an ambulance and fire truck show up. (that's why the trainer was on the phone). They swooped in and took over just asking me questions and trying to see what was wrong. Before I knew what was happening they brought the gurney over and got her on it. I was more mad that the ambulance was there and I knew what was wrong and I thought I could fix it. In hindsight. Next time I WILL take charge and do it my way instead of letting someone else take control. Whether or not I could have made the outcome different I don't know. When they carried her off she was struggling to breath but she could talk. Her dad had never seen her have an attack so I figured I would let him take this one. He walked to the ambulance with her and I walked the other way to get my stuff and get to the hospital, stopping on the the way to answer questions. As the ambulance takes off the sirens come on and I thought WTH.. is that necessary. I will find out later it was.
I got to the hospital in maybe 10 minutes from the time they left. I walk in and her dad is outside the room and the room is chaos. Maybe 20 people barking out orders and Kennedee is hooked up to all kinds of wires. The room had wrappers everywhere. I asked if I could come in and they said yes. I stood next to her and tried to talk to her and she didn't respond. She had IV's in both arms and in both wrists she had needle marks. She had EKG stickers on her chest and a mask over her face to help her breath. WOW!!!! Come to find out, once they put her in the ambulance she freaked out, (I should have rode with her, a decision I will kick myself for for a long time). She stopped breathing on the way to the hospital and they had to do chest compressions, hence the siren. They gave her a shot in her shoulder to help her breath and just as they were going to put the tube down her throat to breath for her, she started breathing. Long story short. She stayed at the hospital most of the night to make sure she would be ok, and then slept with me that night so I would feel better.
Now we will start a series of tests and doctor visits to find out why this happened. She takes 2 inhalers and she should have been ok.
It breaks my heart that I didn't take things more serious and not leave her side. I cry every time I think about her in the ambulance and getting scared and not breathing. That crushes me. I know without a doubt that Kennedee has a guardian angel and that she has great things coming her way in life and that is why she was saved the other night. When Kennedee found out Nana wasn't going to beat the cancer she said well at least I know I will have a guardian angel with me at all times. I truly believe even though I wasn't with her in the ambulance Nana was and she made sure she was ok. Nana, thank you for being our guardian angel and watching over us.
For now Kennedee is very sore and is resting. She can't wait to get back on the field and do what she loves the most. I love you more than life Kennedee and I am so glad you are ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment